Cryptocurrency Market Volume Report of December 2018 shows Improvement
Cryptocurrency market volume of top 5 most traded cryptocurrencies in December 2018 saw the strongest increase since May 2018. However, month-over-month cryptocurrency volume of other crypto assets, in fact, declined in December 2018.
Top 5 Cryptocurrency Market Volume Gainers in December 2018
- Tether (USTD) saw a month-to-month cryptocurrency volume increase of around 8.5%. If Tether’s volume change from October 2018 to December 2018 is considered, it’ll be around 66% increase. The total worth of USTD that changed hands in December alone amounts to around US$115.7 Billion. Last month happened to be the strongest trading month during 2018’s second half.
- Bitcoin (BTC) also saw a volume increase last month. The total volume of BTC exchanging hands in December 2018 amounted to US$157.2 Billion. It happened to be the strongest volume since May 2018.
- In December 2018, Ethereum (ETH) also saw a spike in the volume traded. If the month-over-month volume is considered then ETH has increased by 16% in December. If the increase in ETH volume is considered from October 2018 to December 2018 then it’ll be an increase of 65.5%. December also happened to be the strongest volume of ETH for the second half of 2018.
- Eos (EOS), the 4th most traded crypto during December 2018, saw an increase in its cryptocurrency market volume from US$24.2 billion in November 2018 to US$25.3 billion in December 2018. December’s trading volume was also the strongest since June 2018. This was a 4.5% increase in month-to-month trading volume.
- In terms of monthly volume, Litecoin (LTC) held the 6th During December 2018, the cryptocurrency market volume for Litecoin was US$13.2 billion, which was a slight increase than the November 2018 figure of US$13 billion. For LTC, December saw the strongest trading volume during the second half of 2018.
Who were the Losers in terms of Cryptocurrency Volume?
Some of the top losers in cryptocurrency market volume include Ripple (XRP), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Ethereum Classic (ETC), Dash (DASH), Zcash (ZEC), and many more.
Photo Credit: https://pixabay.com/