What are the Highlights of Ripple XRP’s Q4 Result?
By digging deeper into the report many interesting facts came to light. Some of them are listed below:
- If sales of Ripple during fourth quarter of 2018 are considered, it accounted for around 0.24% of the total volume of global XRP.
- While the outflow of XRP from the cryptographic escrow is 3 billion, the inflow to the escrow is 2.4 billion.
- The 600 million XRP that didn’t return to the escrow are reportedly used for supporting the XRP ecosystem, which includes RippleNet Accelerator Program as well as Xpring investments such as Securitize.
- The average daily volume of Ripple XRP is US$585.7 million. It is the highest average daily volume achieved since the first quarter of 2018.
- Ripple (XRP) is now available for trade at more than 100 cryptocurrency exchanges globally.
Ripple (XRP) Sales
The total worth of XRP tokens sold by Ripple during Q4, 2018, was US$129.03 million. Last year, $535.56 million worth of XRP were sold by the company. When Q4 is compared to that of Q3 in terms of total sales, it is found that there is a shortfall of around 34.3 million. The total sales came down from US$163.33 million to US$129.03 million. This decline was mainly because of the institutional direct sales, which nosedived from US$98.6 million to 40.15 millions. Programmatic sales have indeed increased significantly from US$65.27 million in Q3 2018 to US$ 88.88 million in Q4 2018.
The average daily volume of Ripple (XRP) has increased significantly during Q4. Since Q1 2018, the average daily volume of XRP has reached the highest quarterly average to US$595.7 million. The volatility of XRP is also settling down. In the 4th quarter of 2018, Ripple witnessed the lowest quarterly average, a level last seen during Q4 of 2016.
Photo Credit: https://pixabay.com/